My blog draws inspiration from Lorraine Code's book "What Can She Know?" (1991).
Being fortunate enough to have studied with Prof. Code at York University, I have become inspired to question what I am able to claim that I know.
I have become inspired to attempt and identify when and how my knowledge becomes degraded by dominant ideologies.
I have a Bachelors and a Master's degree in philosophy from York University. I have recently been accepted into the PhD program at the University of Guelph in order to study epistemology and feminist epistemology. To those who are interested, I plan to write a thesis arguing that the concerns raised by feminist epistemologists, such as Code, can be successfully subsumed within a Quinean naturalized epistemic framework without appealing to any additional moral principles. I will tell you more about my argument in future blog posts.
I also have a background in the pink-collar trade of hairstyling. By "pink-collar" I mean that it is a feminized trade in the sense that it predominately employs women and gay men. I also mean "pink collar" in the sense that hairstyling is often degraded in comparison to "blue-collar" trades such as carpentry.
I graduated from the Avola College of Hairstyling and Esthetics, and have previously worked as an apprentice/assistant in high-end salons. I currently work at a Barber and Beauty Supply store in downtown Toronto. My work-life of selling hair products will be reflected in future blog posts.
Artistically, I am struggling to find my voice as a writer.
I am a very harsh judge of myself, especially my writing.
I reprimand myself for not devoting enough time to my craft of philosophy.
I reprimand myself for thinking too much of philosophy.
In my day to day life, the dominant consumer culture is telling me:
Consume! Consume! Don't think! Just consume! Just do it!
However, I do think a lot about what I consume. These thoughts will be reflected in future blog posts.
![]() |
| Google book preview is available at: http://books.google.ca/books/about/What_Can_She_Know.html?id=SWISMrtUSq4C&redir_esc=y |

No comments:
Post a Comment